Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"Bum bum, ba baaahh...waaaahhhhh"

My sister's husband Dave downloaded the sound effects from The Price Is Right and waited patiently by the computer until someone bombed a joke so that he could unleash the noise that one hears when one guesses wrong on the show. It's nearly impossible to replicate via written word, but I'll give it a shot: "Bum bum, ba baaahh...waaaahhhhh". The "waaaahhhhh" part is like a group of trumpets going slightly out of tune. Does that ring a bell? Anyway, I thought it would be a funny idea for a sketch if the host of the show had to make all the noises himself because the sound f/x guy forgot to show up to work. However, since I've taken improv enough to know a little about sketch writing too, I see an inherent flaw in the idea: There's nowhere to go from there. It's perfection, and even perfection has its limits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home