Monday, July 28, 2008

Sympathizing with the Ladies

I started shaving my legs because I'm "in training". At least, that's what I tell myself over and over as I get constant reminders that my legs are, in fact, shaved. These reminders come in many shapes and sizes:

1) When I go to bed, I can feel my legs touch the sheets.
2) Someone at a coffee shop was staring at them.
3) My sister said, "Hey, you shaved your legs."
4) I'm using more Gilette Mach 3 razors than ever before.
5) I see myself in the mirror.

Why, you ask, did I shave them in the first place? What exactly does being "in training" mean? Well, I suppose it means that I am competing in a triathlon in September, and that's what one does as part of the preparation. You could say it makes me more aerodynamic, or that it makes me look official, but the real reason is that I mentally feel like a triathlete now. Sure, it looks cool too when you can see your calf muscles, and apparently, it makes it easier to clean a wound on your leg if you should fall, but I think it's definitely a mental thing.

Watch the movie Breaking Away starring a young Dennis Quaid and you'll see what I mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home