Saturday, January 27, 2007

EBS

I had some funny observations to pass on but I forgot them. There’s sooo much pressure when you’re at the MySpace Blog Center to write something funny. How about the whole setup process? If you forgot how incredibly CIA-like it is, quit and then rejoin. There’s a pop-up window that tells you the url name you’ve chosen can NEVER be changed. That’s malarkey - I just changed it. Uh huh.

When my phone is on silent and someone calls, but don’t want to talk at that moment, I get nervous listening to the vibrating sounds coming from my phone. If I’ve left it on a metallic surface, it’s reminiscent of a power drill. I count how many times it vibrates, thinking, “There’s NO way it’s going to buzz again.” And then, “Oh my God! It’s still buzzing!” It’s like when you call someone and put it on speakerphone, and in that split second when you were transferring from regular to speaker, they may have picked up, and there’s that really pregnant pause until the next ring – I always think the person has picked up and nervously yell, “HELLO! I’M HERE! HELLO!?” And then it rings and I feel foolish.

Which reminds me that I’ve been doing the “talking to the wrong person” thing a lot lately. This falls in line next to “waving at the stranger who is waving at someone behind me”. Someone will idly mutter at the vending machine, “Rough day, uh?” And I’ll start to say, “You’re not kidding” when another person across the room says, “Yeah”. This followed by awkward silence, and a resuming of the conversation already taking place. I feel like the Emergency Broadcast System alert in people’s lives sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home